Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunday after thoughts

So, I wrote my blog just after I got home from meeting with the Bishop so everything felt very raw. I was a little in shock because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Some conclusions I have come to since Sunday.

1. I am very grateful for the church in one major way. It was the tool that helped me find God and build a relationship with him. I hope to find new tools that will allow me to continue to keep that relationship alive and well.

2. I am glad that things went down like they did. I feel ready to walk away. I did it with my head held up, being fully honest in who I am, testifying of the love God has for me, His gay son, who He loves, especially because he is gay.

3. I really don't want my friends to look down on the LDS (Mormon) church. It does a lot of good for a lot of people and it works for many. It does cause some pain for some people, but almost anything that can do so much good, also has the potential to cause pain. It seems to be a natural law of power. If you see someone that is Mormon in some pain, they just need some love, but don't we all.

4. No regrets. I know that I am following the path the God supports me on. If a gay mormon was to ask me if he should follow my path, I would say he would need to follow his own path and commune with God to seek answers how that would look for him.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say anything but... You amaze me!!!
    Carry on :)

    ReplyDelete