Monday, June 21, 2010

"I Woke Up in a Car"

How did I get here? Where is here?

Here is a fun filled place that feels like an ending to a long tiring journey forming a circle that takes me back to the same place I was at 10 years ago. The difference now is that I am choosing to be here rather than falling into this place. I have seen many things along the way. I found God and trust in him to help me  on my way. I have seen for myself the pros and cons of religion. I have lived from Coast to Coast of our country. I have worked in many industries. I have had friends from the Mother Teresa type to raging drug addicts. I have been on incredible highs to devastating lows. I grew to love my dad in time to watch him die. I went from being a leader of many to a follower of truth and right. 

In this moment, I realize that it is possible that my life could be as good as it will ever be right now so I am choosing to embrace every joy around me. I am preparing for the fact the I may never find Mr Right or maybe a Mister to call mine to love at all and that's okay. While I prepare for the worst, I will hope for the best with all of my heart. This week I decided I will try to find someone to date which I have taken a little break from.  I may not win the super model of the year award, but one thing I do know is that I care so much about people, I make those around me laugh and smile whenever I can, and I know that I can bring happiness into the life of someone else. So why not try? 

I think about where I am with friends right now. I really do have great friends that offer me a lot. They are the closest thing I have to family. The thing is, they are not family. I don't have a relationship with any member of my family and thus the reason I want to create my own. I won't ever have siblings, or nieces or nephews to hold and love while they comfort me at the same time. All my grandparents died before I could really know them. My mom loves me, but sadly we can not talk about much more than the weather often times. I do love her, but I want more, and no matter how great and wonderful my friends are, they are still friends. So when I talk about my time in exile, I hope this time ends in the arms of someone I can love fully and melt together with. Someone I can have kids with and create a family together with. Like I said, I may not get it, but understand my life will still be missing something big while I wait for that to happen.

"I've never been so lost, I've never felt so much at home"

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world!!!! We have missed you! Any boy would be lucky to have you in their life, especially with all your mad cooking skills (I don't think I have had a better taco or french toast than yours).

    ReplyDelete