Saturday, July 3, 2010

You've Got a Friend in Me

Sometimes I doubt my friends. I search for weakness and then use it as proof not to trust them. Sometimes it is nice to be wrong.

Almost a year ago I came out to a lot of friends. One of them, who I have been friends for almost 12 years with, was not okay with me being gay. We had a words and never talked about it again.

Today the topic came up and it felt like I was talking again to my old best friend. It was enjoyable to have that comfort that she wanted to know more about me, find out who I am, and what was going on with me, even if I am gay.

I guess honesty is the best policy. If people are your friends, they will see you through, even in the tough times.

2 comments:

  1. Being honest is the best thing to do, even though sometimes it hurts.

    Joned ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so wise beyond your years, I guess that is why I keep you around:)
    Love you my friend!!!
    PS. I love your honesty, never be afraid telling it like it is.
    What is the saying,"Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter."

    ReplyDelete